BAMBOO STEAMER METHOD
1. Place parchment paper in the bottom of your steamer basket.
2. Place frozen pierogi on parchment and cover with lid.
3. Steam for about 10 minutes, until the dough is opaque and not stretchy. If the dough is stretchy, leave them to cook for another 2-3 minutes.
1. Bring a pot of water to a simmer (small bubbles, NOT a rolling boil).
2. Add frozen pierogi and stir frequently, to ensure they don’t stick to the bottom of the pot.
3. Cook until the pierogi float.
You can, after cooking by one of the above methods, pan fry your pierogi in butter and some diced onions. Traditionally, pierogi are served with sour cream, but that’s up to you!
DOUGH: All-purpose flour, milk, eggs, kosher salt
Classic filling: Potatoes, aged cheddar cheese, caramelized onions, kosher salt, Tellycherry pepper
Squash filling: Potatoes, caramelized butternut squash, Parmesan cheese, sage, kosher salt, Tellycherry pepper
SMOKY FILLING: Potatoes, swiss chard, smoked cheddar, kosher salt, Tellycherry pepper